Thursday, December 15, 2011

Still "Twas the Night

I wanted to be sure to record as many students as I could reading aloud in the Moving Tales app.  I pulled some of them out during lunchtime today and they recorded a page of the story, so that tomorrow we'll all be able to watch it again with the students' narrating the whole thing.  I might have to sneak in narrating the last page.  Today their teacher, Ms. Sigler, told me she said to them, "I don't remember what we're doing tomorrow,"  and they reminded her, "Ms. Fox is coming with the iPads!"  I love that they're so motivated by this project.
One thing I realized I have to constantly remember is to always write down when I download a free or paid app.  The free iBook app I downloaded to all the iPads last week costs $1.99 today.  I'm keeping a spreadsheet with all the apps and dates that I download them, so that we don't run into any problems.  As an individual I can purchase an app and put it on five of my own devices, but since these are for a school, I'd need to purchase one for each iPad.  When I get them for free I have to be sure to keep track of that in case they start charging money for the app in the future (like what just happened).

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! How awesome that our students get to work with you and the IPads too!

    ReplyDelete