Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Pad

We've been having lots of snow here in Seattle, so we're going on our third snow day as of tomorrow.  That means not much activity with the iPads.  Last week I did get to show my students a quick StoryKit book I created.  It was about them, so they really seemed to like it.  I think they're getting very excited about producing their own books soon.  StoryKit would be very easy for them to be able to use, but I don't like the limitations of the program for creating something lasting that can include audio.  Once you e-mail it and someone reads it on their computer, they can no longer listen to the audio.  So I'm still on the search for another app to use with my students.
The iPad symposium at PSESD was really great.  My presentation seemed to be well received and I came away with lots of great ideas from other people's presentations.  Actually I really came away with a full brain and much to explore.  Truthfully these three snow days have been a wonderful opportunity to do just that!
One of the apps I learned about is Sock Puppet - it's a hoot.  It's just fun to play around with, but you could also use it with students in creating plays, videos, etc.
I also came away from the symposium determined to spend some time using Evernote.  I've had this app for ages, but I've never really used it, though it's supposed to be a great organizational tool.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment